Curious about the benefits of Rosemary oil, or if you can use Rosemary oil for hair growth? In this blog, we explore everything you need to know about this incredible natural ingredient.
First, let’s discuss the basics: Rosemary oil is a herb native to the Mediterranean region that is often used in perfumes, skincare, and hair care. It is also a natural ingredient that many look for in different products, but what are the benefits of rosemary oil? One of the popular rosemary oil benefits is its effectiveness towards hair growth. There have been claims and studies in recent times that say that rosemary oil is beneficial for promoting hair growth, and some even suggest that it could potentially prevent hair loss. This is why there are many hair products with rosemary oil as one of their main ingredients, including our Scalp Stimulator! So let’s dive deeper into the benefits of using rosemary oil.
Rosemary Oil Benefits For Hair
There has always been the question ‘is rosemary oil good for hair growth?’ and we can confirm that yes, rosemary oil has several benefits for hair health and growth. Some top benefits include:
- Rosemary oil helps stimulate hair follicles, which can lead to new hair growth and thicker, fuller hair. How it works, according to Healthshots, is that it contains carnosic acid, which is known to have a healing effect in the case of nerve damage, which in turn plays a part in stimulating hair growth.
- Rosemary oil also helps those suffering from hair loss and are looking for ways to prevent it. For example, a 2015 trial proved that rosemary oil is an effective treatment for AGA, androgenetic alopecia. During this trial, both groups experienced a significant increase in hair count at the 6-month endpoint.
- The Rosemary oil benefits keep on coming as it also helps enhance your hair! Rosemary oil can help strengthen hair strands, making them less prone to breakage and improving overall hair texture.
- Using rosemary oil also helps in the overall health of your scalp, which in return helps reduce dandruff, itching, and irritation. Studies show that rosemary oil has an antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory effect that can help soothe and heal the scalp, reducing the growth of yeast and other microbes that can cause dandruff.
It's also important to note that the effectiveness and safety of rosemary oil for hair may vary from person to person, and more research is being done to fully understand its benefits. Healthline also lists other studies proving that the benefits of rosemary oil for hair are plentiful!
How To Use Rosemary Oil For Hair Growth
There are several ways to use rosemary oil for hair growth.
The top 3 methods are:
- Apply the oil directly to your scalp and use a scalp massager to help spread the product evenly throughout your head.
- You can also use it by adding it to your favorite shampoo or conditioner, simply add a few drops of rosemary oil and this can help promote hair growth and improve scalp health over time.
- Use rosemary oil as a final rinse after shampooing and conditioning your hair.
For those who love hair masks, this natural hair care ingredient is for you! You can create a DIY hair mask and apply it once a week or as needed, simply mix a few drops of rosemary oil with other natural ingredients such as honey, yogurt, or avocado to create a nourishing hair mask. If you want other amazing DIY rosemary hair masks Hello Glow shows a variety of natural homemade masks for you to try!
How Often To Use Rosemary Oil For Hair Growth
Depending on desired results, needs, and preferences, the use of rosemary oil can vary. Typically, for rosemary oil massages, it is recommended to do 1–2 times a week for 5 minutes. When some drops are added to your shampoo or conditioner, you can use them every time you wash your hair. Depending on your DIY hair mask, you can apply it once a week or as needed and leave it on for 30–60 minutes before washing it off with shampoo and water.
Best Hair Products With Rosemary Oil At Bask & Lather
When we discovered the amazing benefits of rosemary oil for hair growth, we just had to add it to our products.
- Our Scalp Stimulator formula is 100% all-natural, made with cold-pressed oils, and infused with rosemary and mint along with other vital ingredients to stimulate hair growth with regular use!
- Our Stimulating Scalp and Hair Balm contains a proprietary blend of shea butter, mango butter, our scalp stimulator oil (which has rosemary), calendula-infused oils, an essential oil blend, and lavender.
The best part is, that you can also add rosemary oil to our hair-strengthening shampoo and our super moisturizing and hydrating conditioner. Helping you grow long, thick, beautiful hair while also retaining your length is something our products are specially made to do. So if you’re starting your healthy hair journey, we got you covered every step of the way!